This course provides participants with the knowledge to to safely test High Voltage underground cables (level 1 HV Megger).
Training refresher: Not required for this course.
Note: It is a requirement that participants for this course must have the FULL 'Access Electrical Network Infrastructure for the Recipient (APR) in QLD' Authorisation and not the provisional authorisation.
Want to book for more than 8 people?Submit a training availability enquiry
You must hold a valid Queensland Electrical Licence before enrolling in this course. You will need to attach a scanned copy to your course booking form.
Queensland Electrical Licence training is not offered by EsiTrain, please find an alternative provider.
Upcoming Course Sessions
All sessions for this course are fully booked. If you would like to enquire about future sessions, please complete a training availability enquiry form.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Check, interpret and receive authorised access
- Perform onsite checks and reconcile discrepancies to establish nominated isolation points, safety earths and permanent labels
- Remove and reconnect apparatus and earths correctly
- Select the most suitable test location
- Erect warning signs and barricades
- Perform tests including phasing and insulation resistance
- Record test measurements and interpret results
- Restore system to “as found” condition