Provides the knowledge and skills required for contractors who needs to perform the Authorised Role of a Recipient on the Ergon Energy and Energex networks.
Portfolio: Yes. Electrical outcome requires the completion of a training portfolio to be finalised within 12 months of completing the course.
The following course has been superseded by T0840:
- M584 Switching Recipient (ASR)
Training refresher: Every 3 years
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Describe the role and associated responsibilities of an authorised Recipient, Switching Operator, Switching Coordinator
- Outline the requirements for receiving Permits and/or Notices issued by authorised personnel and explaining details to the workgroup members.
- Review and confirm conditions of Permits and/or Notices provide an electrically safe work area.
- Outline the requirements for supervising electrical safety at the work area covered by Permits and/or Notices.
- Outline the requirements for transferring adn surrendering Permits and/or Notices to an authorised Switching Operator.
- Demonstrate the approved enterprise procedures for Permits and/or Notices including checking and confirming isolation points, operator earths and other precautions are adequate to ensure electrical safety for the work or testing being undertaken, carry out a hazard management assessment of the work area to determine the requirements for working earths to ensure electrical safety for the work or testing being undertaken, receiving permits and notices from authorised personnel on commencement of work and signing on if conditions enable safe access to the high voltage electrical apparatus, carrying out work area briefing and effectively communicating the conditions and limitations of the Permits and Notices to workgroup members, surrendering Permits and Notices to authorised personnel and signing off on completion of work.