Provides the knowledge and skills required for contractors who needs to perform the authorised role of Switching Operator Assistant (Electrical) or Switching Operator Assistant (Non-Electrical) for the Ergon Energy and Energex networks.
Participants following the Switching Operator Assistant (Electrical) training pathway MUST be a licensed electrical worker or an apprentice on an electrical training plan.
Portfolio: Yes. Electrical outcome requires the completion of a training portfolio to be finalised within 12 months of completing the course.
Training refresher: Every 3 years
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Describe teh role and associated responsibilities of an authorised Switching Operator Assistant and Switching Operator Recipient.
- Explain the purpose and function of electrical apparatus encountered when performing switching and access activities on the high voltage network.
- Explain high voltage switching principles and practices.
- Explain the basic principles of isolation and earthing.
- Explain the purpose of feeder adn substation protection systems.
- describe and demonstrate the requirements for teamwork in switching.
- Demonstrate the role and responsibilities of the Switching Operator Assistant when assisting with switching operations being carried out on the high voltage network.