Our state-wide training facilities are located at 7 locations along the Queensland eastern coast:
|Brisbane||Rocklea Depot, 103 Marshall Road, Rocklea QLD 4106|
|Toowoomba||Building 3, Cnr South & Hampton Streets, Toowoomba QLD 4350|
|Maryborough||52-62 Searle Street, Maryborough QLD 4650|
|Rockhampton||Building 8, 63 Glenmore Road, North Rockhampton QLD 4700|
|Mackay||23 Cemetery Road, Mackay QLD 4740|
|Townsville||4-28 Hartley Street, Garbutt QLD 4814|
|Cairns||107-125 McLeod Street, Cairns QLD 4870|
Further information including location maps and training room details can be found on our Training Site Information printable version (PDF 2.6 mb).
The reception is an unattended area (self-service reception). All visitors are required to sign in and out of the visitor register and display their badge at all times.
The reception phone is to be used to contact the person you are meeting to gain entry into the site. A list of building personnel along with their contact numbers is listed beside the phone. Please be mindful that the buildings have an open plan office and it would be appreciated if noise could be kept to a minimum.
The training building offices are manned from 7.30am – 4.30pm. If access outside of these hours is required, please call a technical training representative to make alternate arrangements.
- Tea and coffee - Participants and trainers are welcome to help themselves to the tea and coffee facilities in the lunchroom at any time during their training sessions.
- Morning tea and lunch - There is limited space in our fridges if you choose to bring your own morning tea or lunch. A microwave and sandwich toaster is available for use. There's usually several local takeaway shops within driving distance. Pie and coffee vans may visit the building, for times or if you require assistance or directions please ask your trainer.
- Snacks and soft drinks - Vending machines which contain chocolate, chips and soft drinks are located in the kitchen area.
Hiring our facilities
You can hire specific areas of our facilities for a fee. If you are interested, please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch to discuss your requirements.
We're considered to have some of the best training facilities in Australia. Some of our sites are equipped with:
- 33/11kV/LV network
- Transformers (energised and de-energised)
- Pole rescue training area (de-energised)
- Low bay facilities (indoor and outdoor)
- Sealed overhead indoor environment (de-energised)
- Polarity training area
- Streetlight facilities.
- Paper lead and polymeric cable jointing facilities
- Fully integrated pillars, link pits and transformers
- Above-ground training area with pillars and overhead cable connection (de-energised)
- Facilities to run cabling into switchgear (simulated live environment)
- All training can be de-energised, simulated live or energised
- Covered facility to avoid inclement weather conditions.
- Switchgear that can be used in de-energised environment
- Overhead/underground switching in energised environment.
Please note the following important safety information:
- Identification badges or visitor tags must be worn at all times
- When requesting access, provide your "company name" and the "course" you are attending
- Site access outside of business hours and non-business days is via arrangement only
- No smoking in offices, recreation room, any buildings, verandas or within 4m of a doorway
- Report all near-misses, injuries or other significant incidents no matter how small
- Appropriate footwear and personal protective equipment must be worn at all times, refer to your course notification for details
- Abide by all speed limit and warning signs while on our sites
- While walking about the complex, stay within designated walkways and crossings.
Current building evacuation plans will be on display in your training area location. Familiarise yourself with them and your closest fire exit in the event of an emergency. All training facilitators will cover off on our four stages of evacuation (below) in your induction.
People in the immediate danger area are to be evacuated to a place of safety. When the area has been evacuated, doors should be closed to localise the fire.
Should the emergency necessitate complete evacuation of the building, everyone will assemble at the defined assembly point and remain there until otherwise directed.
Your warden will direct you to the primary assembly area.
Your training facilitator will collect the latest attendance list and the visitor register and conduct a roll call to confirm with the fire warden that all persons are accounted for. Any missing persons are to be reported to the attending fire wardens.
Please read the following information about our sites.
All training rooms are air conditioned. To achieve optimum benefit, please ensure doors to the training rooms are kept closed at all times. Some buildings have a five star green rating and it is necessary to reactivate the air conditioner every two hours by pressing the switch located near the doors in the training room.
Our sites have wireless network through the building as well as quiet rooms with phone and network connections for visitor use.
Smoking is prohibited on our sites except in the signed designated smoking area which your trainer will advise. Please ensure all rubbish and butts are placed in the bins provided.
It is advised to book a taxi for your departure, as delays due to high volume usage are possible.
Ladies and Men’s toilet facilities are available at each training location.
- Whilst using the training rooms, please return all mugs, glasses and plates to the kitchen and place in the dishwasher
- Ensure the rooms are left the way you found them and return all desks to the original design
- Remove any unused training material and equipment so rooms will be left neat and tidy for the next class
- Whilst using the kitchen and lunch rooms, please ensure you place all used cutlery and crockery in the dishwasher. Wipe down your food preparation area and place all rubbish and recycling in the designated bins.
If the training is to be provided at an EsiTrain site, while on site you must comply with all security requirements and policies, and all safety, health and environment policies implemented by us for the site. This includes random drug and alcohol testing.