To provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to work safely in the vicinity of Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation emitting equipment, operated by external parties.
Training refresher: Not required for this course.
Note: This course will require participants to use a headset.
This course has no prerequisites.
Upcoming Course Sessions
|Date & Time||Locations||COST (ex. GST)|
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Explain the basic properties of and potential health issues associated with RFR
- Identify the various types of RFR-emitting equipment that may be installed on or in the vicinity of ENERGEX assets
- Interpret RFR management signage associated with RFR-emitting equipment
- Obtain information concerning RFR-emitting equipment sites from the EnerGISe system
- State and demonstrate general familiarity with applicable regulations, standards and manuals pertaining to RFR-emitting equipment installations
- State Energex's RFR Exclusion Zones for RFR-emitting equipment
- Demonstrate familiarity with procedures for antenna de-energisation, isolation and re-energisation
- Locate required information within the Energex Safety Manual (ESM), and ENERGEX Shared Asset Works Management BMS Procedure 1102