The purpose of this course is to enable the participants to identify, gain knowledge and skills related to broadband infrastructure and understand the associated risks including:
- Working safely on and in the vicinity of Energex distribution poles upon which broadband infrastructure is installed
- Liability to other parties due to damage incurred on broadband infrastructure caused by ladders, work platforms, elevated work platforms, workers and inadequate or careless work procedures
- Limitations of vehicle plant and equipment
- Works management coordination, contact procedures and requirements with broadband network owning parties.
Training refresher: Not required for this course.
Upcoming Course Sessions
|Date & Time||Locations||COST (ex. GST)|
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Identify broadband network installations and major components on a number of Energex distribution poles from an on-site ground position and/or by illustrations
- Conduct a risk assessment and determine safe working procedures for various work tasks to be performed on and in the vicinity of a variety of Energex distribution poles which have broadband network installations
- Demonstrate safe working procedures as outlined in all relevant guides, standards, staff instructions, Standard Works Procedures, Energex safety manuals, and other relevant documentation when performing work on and in the vicinity of Energex distribution poles which have broadband network installations