This course provides the participants with the knowledge and skills required to work near the Ergon overhead electricity network.
Training refresher: Not required for this course.
Note: For information about becoming an Authorised Person please visit the Ergon Authorised Persons webpage.
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
This course has no prerequisites.
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Apply appropriate electrical safety and technical knowledge relating to the type of work, operating plant or vehicles near overhead and underground electric lines
- Interpret the application and intent of the Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2010 for Working Near Overhead and Underground Electric Lines
- Explain basic electrical concepts and the effect of electricity on the human body
- Identify hazards that may be present and the risk management procedures required to manage the risks associated with work carried out near overhead and underground power lines
- Identify electricity supply infrastructure assets and voltages
- Identify the exclusion zones applicable to people, vehicles and operating plant for various power line voltages, conductor and cable types, environmental conditions and authorisation of persons
- State the emergency planning, response and reporting procedures required in the event of an electrical incident or accident