To develop and assess the knowledge and skills required to perform field switching operations with a focus on SWER Lines up to and including 19.1kV.
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
You must hold a valid Electrical Licence before enrolling in this course. You will need to attach a scanned copy to your course booking form.
Electrical Licence training is not offered by EsiTrain, please find an alternative provider.
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Outline roles and responsibilities of Switching Operator Lines
- Outline distribution network performance and protection requirements
- Outline process for commissioning distribution high voltage lines and substations
- Outline constraints when performing field switching
- Conduct phase rotation and phase out testing across an open point
- Perform field switching in accordance with prepared Switching Sheet
- Diagnose distribution and sub-transmission feeder faults