Provides the knowledge and skills required to competently perform the role and responsibilities of an authorised Switching Operator Assistant on the Ergon high voltage network. At the end of this course, a portfolio will be given to the participant that will determine the Authorisation to be issued.
Training refresher: Every 3 years
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
You must have completed CPR training before enrolling in this course.
CPR training is not offered by EsiTrain, please find an alternative provider.
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of a Switching Operator Assistant
- Explain the purpose and function of high voltage apparatus encountered when performing switching and access
- Explain high voltage switching principles and practices
- Explain the purpose of feeder and substation protection systems
- Demonstrate the role and responsibilities of the Switching Operator Assistant when assisting with switching operations being carried out on the high voltage network