Develop and assess the knowledge and skills required to enter, work safely within and exit a high voltage enclosure.
Training refresher: Every 3 years
Note: Trainees or Apprentices may undertake training but cannot apply for Authorisation. Apprentices are not to undertake training within the first 6 months of their apprenticeship.
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Outline statutory and organisational requirements for safe entry to high voltage enclosures
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of persons authorised to enter and work within high voltage enclosures
- Explain the basic concepts for maintaining exclusion zones in high voltage enclosures
- Identify potential hazards and risks within high voltage enclosures
- Explain and demonstrate the safety precautions required for safe entry to high voltage enclosures
- Explain and demonstrate the process for detecting abnormal electrical interference using a tuned AM radio
- Demonstrate the process for safe entry to and exit from a high voltage enclosure