This course provides participants with the knowledge to understand manual and automatic reclosing on HV feeder circuit breakers and reclosers, and why this needs to be disabled for certain types of work.
Training refresher: Not required for this course.
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
This course has no prerequisites.
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- State the circumstances under which it is necessary to disable reclosing on a HV feeder segment and why this is necessary
- State the responsibilities of an Applicant for Switching relevant to establishing a reclose block
- Identify the relevant worksite (HV schematic) site using the WebView application
- Define a ‘significant site’ with respect to a switching application
- Nominate plant that should have reclosing disabled for work to proceed at a given site
- Complete sections of an A4S_RB (Application for Switching-Reclose Block) form (on-line if required) relevant to an Applicant and an On-site Supervisor
- Direct and conduct field work in accordance with the conditions of the A4S_RB