Contractor Workers who want to apply to the Electricity Entity (Ergon Energy or Energex) for substation system access key.
The following courses have been superseded by T0912:
- 4431 Safe Entry to HV Enclosures
- M204 Substation Safety Awareness (SSAW)
Note: Contractor Workers cannot obtain an authorisation (AHVSE) as an outcome of this course. If a switching authorisation is required, Contractor Workers (and Employees) MUST complete T0838 Working Safely On or Near Electrical Network Infrastructure.
Training refresher - not required for this course.
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
Upcoming Course Sessions
|Date & Time||Locations||Availability||No. of People||COST (ex. GST)|
Wed 12th May 2021 8:00am - 4:00pm
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Describe statutory and organisation requirements for safe entry to high voltage substation enclosures.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of persons authorised to enter and work within high voltage substation enclosures.
- Identify exclusion zones applicable to people, vehicles and operating plant for high voltage substation enclosures.
- Identify hazards that may be present and the control measures to be implemented to manage the risks associated with work carried out within high voltage enclosures.
- Demonstrate the process for detecting abnormal electrical interference in a high voltage enclosure using a tuned AM radio.
- Demonstrate the process for safe entry to and exit from a high voltage substation enclosure.