Provides the knowledge and skills required to work on or near high voltage lines and apparatus covered by an Access Permit, Test Permit or Non Access Work Notice under the direction of a Recipient.
Training refresher: Every 3 years
Want to book for more than 8 people or need us to train at your workplace?Get a custom quote now
Upcoming Course Sessions
There are currently no upcoming sessions available. Please request a quote if you need to do this course.
On successful completion of this module including all prerequisites and assessments you should have these skills:
- Outline basic switching and access principles
- Identify various types of high voltage apparatus
- Outline requirements for establishing a safe work area as defined on an Access Permit, Test Permit or Non Access Work Notice
- Demonstrate the process for inspecting operating and earthing equipment to ensure it is in serviceable condition before use
- Demonstrate the process to sign on and off an Access Permit, Test Permit or Non Access Work Notice before commencing work
- Demonstrate the process to apply working earths at the work area (licensed electrical workers only)